Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Activision closing Bizarre Creations?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedActivision closing Bizarre Creations?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Activision closing Bizarre Creations?
    Posted: 11-16-2010 at 9:11pm
Closing or selling.  I kinda enjoyed the PGR games (even though I stunk) and completely forgot Activision had them as a dev. I am sure not even looking at Blur had something to do with that.

Someone at Neogaf posted a picture that strolled down memory lane (carpet included).

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-17-2010 at 5:52pm
What a collection of games that is.  Formula 1 97 (Formula 1: Championship Edition in the USA, where you were lucky enough to get 2 different F1 games 10 years apart with the same name) is such a good game that it's taken until this year for anyone to beat it.

I haven't played their latest release 007 Blood Stone yet but I did have a go at Blur a few months ago.  The single-player is short and has the odd spectacular difficulty spike, much like PGR's old difficulty spikes but with a far greater risk of being blown to pieces by the opposition.  Online it was an absolute ball and a game that deserved a wider audience than it got.  How much of that was Bizarre's fault and how much of it was Activision's is worth pondering - the GAME Group, our largest chain of High Street stores, carried barely any stock of the game and stuck rigidly to Acti's RRP, £5 more expensive than any other new release.

I've spent far, far more time with Bizarre Creations games than those of any other developer and if this is the end, it's a real shame and a genuine loss.
 Post Reply Post Reply