Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: COD: BO questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCOD: BO questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COD: BO questions
    Posted: 11-22-2010 at 12:49am
Okay so a friend of mine got two copies of the game and even though I fear playing a FPS it had one thing had me intrigued. Combat Training.  I used to love playing FPS with bots (played a ton of Red Faction and Timesplitters back in the day).  Very few games do this anymore but I prefer it over playing a bunch of people online. 

Do you play all the maps in this mode?  Are there different types of modes in Combat Training?

I get the game tomorrow and will try it out and hope I can keep my nausea to a minimum. Embarrassed  These type of games tend to make my head spin.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2010 at 12:36pm
I'll hop on sometime and play the Combat Training with you.
Better yet,I'll will shepherd you into the maelstrom of online combat.
I've got your back,Battle Buddy.Wink
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2010 at 5:52pm
Unfortunately we will have to stick to NBA2K11 and football.  Outside the fact that once again a FPS made me nauseous and panicky, I committed the ultimate sin of playing online combat. I spent some time building my player up to level 5 or so in Combat Mode and while the maps all seem a bit small to my liking. what the heck, I will give online deathmatch a try. Come to find out that none of my stats carry over to online and I enter the frey playing mostly lv30 and up players. On the rare occasion that I was able to kill someone, they called me everything but a white man.  I had guns and grenades and these dudes were sending death seeking remote cars at me in waves all face painted up like the defensive end from the movie, "The Program."

To say it was not enjoyable would be an understatement. Even if it was fun for me the physical issues I got playing would have stopped me from playing further.

To be fair they did make one feature that I loved in Combat Training,  which was that the bots could be named from your friends list.  I spent the first 15 minutes running around and killing Jason's bot. Wink

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-22-2010 at 6:33pm
The lovely world of online shooters.  Cooperative online play against bots is the only way I play any games anymore.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-23-2010 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Brent

Unfortunately we will have to stick to NBA2K11 and football.  Outside the fact that once again a FPS made me nauseous and panicky, I committed the ultimate sin of playing online combat. I spent some time building my player up to level 5 or so in Combat Mode and while the maps all seem a bit small to my liking. what the heck, I will give online deathmatch a try. Come to find out that none of my stats carry over to online and I enter the frey playing mostly lv30 and up players. On the rare occasion that I was able to kill someone, they called me everything but a white man.  I had guns and grenades and these dudes were sending death seeking remote cars at me in waves all face painted up like the defensive end from the movie, "The Program."

To say it was not enjoyable would be an understatement. Even if it was fun for me the physical issues I got playing would have stopped me from playing further.

To be fair they did make one feature that I loved in Combat Training,  which was that the bots could be named from your friends list.  I spent the first 15 minutes running around and killing Jason's bot. Wink

LOL,sounds like a blast.I'm already leveled up to where I am matched with nothing but prestiged guys already.Challenging stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply