Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Trials HD 'Big Thrills' DLC Coming Dec. 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTrials HD 'Big Thrills' DLC Coming Dec. 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trials HD 'Big Thrills' DLC Coming Dec. 1
    Posted: 12-06-2010 at 7:50pm
Okay Web, I am just going to let you go through and beat all my scores. When you are done with the hard and extreme tracks, I will then see if I have the skills to overtake you.  I did that on a couple of the easy tracks and noticed you caught that and proceeded to whip them again.  

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2010 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Derek

Are you chasing anyone else on your friends' list but me?  The game is so much better when you have a time to chase.

Web, I don't have the DLC yet but I've spent so long watching your ghosts disappear off into the distance over the last year or so that not only do I no longer enjoy chasing after you, I'm not even totally sure I like you any more...

It depresses me enormously to report that NFS: Hot Pursuit's Autolog stokes inside me exactly the same competitive fires that Trials did.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2010 at 2:50pm
You and Slumberland are the only ones on my friends list with the game. I agree that it is nice to have a few friends on the list to chase after.  I really think Jason should pick this one up as he does like moto games and I completely dominate him in them. Embarrassed

There are a couple tracks in the medium or hard area that really are not that fun.  Pirates, which is just hard to see what you are doing and I forget the level but it is basically a puzzler on a motorbike (it actually forces you to backtrack to advance, not once but twice). Another has you dealing with little red lines and other triggers that you either have to beat to the punch or wait for them to rotate, otherwise you blow up.

The one track that has me so far is the 2nd extreme track.  I got to the end in 50 or so tries but that last jump is a PITA.

My favorite so far is the clock tower. It is just a thing of beauty.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-05-2010 at 11:03am
Got it last night, and played through the easy levels, repeating a couple as needed to take Brent down. ;)  Here comes the fun as he takes them all back!

One of em took me quite a few tries to beat, which scares me as these were obviously your first few runs.

Are you chasing anyone else on your friends' list but me?  The game is so much better when you have a time to chase.  It's not nearly as fun (to me) when you are not chasing any friends and are just looking at overall leaderboard times.  It's hard to get as motivated.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-02-2010 at 1:08am
For $5 they could do this monthly and I would buy it.  Played one run on the one easy and medium tracks. Some interesting new tracks, I particularly enjoyed the Giant Wall. Can't wait to tackle the 3 new extreme tracks.

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-30-2010 at 10:26am
Trials DLC is always an instant purchase for me. :)
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-26-2010 at 4:58pm
First a reminder that Trials HD is on sale 400 points, along with the existing DLC is 240 points.

TODAY ONLY - BUY IT, YOU WONT REGRET IT

Now for the new DLC.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66542

Those bike-loving, bone-hating folks at RedLynx have announced its new DLC pack for Trials HD will launch on December 1. The "Big Thrills" DLC will be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for 400MS Points ($5).

Additionally, on the Finnish-dev's official Facebook page, gamers can get their hands on a free, complete PC bundle of the original Trials titles dubbed Trials Legends [via Joystiq]. To get the bundle, all you have to do is give the team a "Like" on the Trials Legends Facebook page and the download link will magically appear. (We think all coding is based on magics.)

RedLynx has also open a new Trials Legends-specific forum on its website for players to discuss strategies and share tracks.

We should also mention that you shouldn't try any of these Trials stunts at home. Unless you're totally awesome. No, seriously. Don't do it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12