Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB The Show 11 - First look at something familiar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB The Show 11 - First look at something familiar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB The Show 11 - First look at something familiar
    Posted: 12-15-2010 at 1:43pm
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5922458/show-first-look?readmore=fullstory

The biggest change to the game comes with the addition of Pure Analog Control. That's right, buttons are about as hip these days as players wearing stirrups, so Sony has finally changed the control scheme for hitting, pitching, and throwing to be all analog based (although if you want to play old school and use buttons, you can still find last year's controls in the options menu).

That said

I've been a fan of "The Show" franchise for many years now, and I have to say, the 2011 edition blew me away. I spent a full day playing the game, then the following week attended Sony's New York preview event where I sat down and played another full 9-inning game. When I got back to my hotel room following the event, I still couldn't get the game (or the awesomeness of Brian Wilson's polygonal beard) out of my mind. It's similar to how I felt the first time I saw "NBA 2K11" -- sometimes you just get that feeling that you're playing something special, and "MLB 11: The Show" is shaping up to be one of the biggest sports game of the new year.

If only they would add orange cleats ...

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-15-2010 at 3:51pm
MLB The Show 11, welcome to 2004.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-15-2010 at 4:25pm
Here's more to my reply here (I couldn't post it here):

http://www.xboxgamingnation.com/xgnforum/index.php?topic=16.msg23

Post Reply Post Reply