Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Game Reports Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGame Reports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game Reports Thread
    Posted: 05-02-2006 at 1:15pm

Speaking of wind blowing out.  I thought it was bad when Web hit 4 dingers against me.  I managed to win, but only to have Seth come into Safeco and hit 5!  The horror!Embarrassed

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2006 at 2:06pm
Just so everyone knows, I did NOT use the guess pitch location option at all and had my best offensive performance of the season.

One thing I love about this game and league is that every game is completely different from the others. Kevin and I had a low scoring (no scoring for me) game our first time around and then we both had an offensive explosion last night. I shut down Seth during our first game only to have him shut me down in the rematch. I anxious to see what happens in my rematches with Ted and web.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2006 at 10:38pm
Houston beats NYY in 10, 6-5, after coming back from a 1 run deficit in the 9th vs Rivera.  Walk off home run for Ensberg!

That was a really, really fun one, Jason.  The first half of the game I was struggling with a lot of lag, especially while hitting.  Your pitches were freezing midway between the mound and home, before resuming and zipping by me.  I thought it was going to be a miserable game.

That cleared up by like the fifth or sixth inning, though, and the game was certainly working fine when you came back vs Mo.  That was nice!

I accidentally pulled him, though.  He was going to pitch the 10th as well, but I accidentally replaced him when I went to warm guys up.  Turned out to be a fatal mistake, but the way you were hitting Mo it may not have mattered.

Anyway, that was a real blast.  Even though I lost, that was one of my favorites so far, complete with the way the home team won.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2006 at 10:40pm
Oh, and damn those updated rosters!  I came into the game with the intention of pitching Pavano, since I used everyone else already.  But of course, Pavano was gone, and big putz Wright was in his place!  Grrr.

Figuring I have to use him anyway, I went with him, but as you saw, he was on a very short rope.  Proctor was great for me.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2006 at 10:46pm
Great game Web!!!

I have a tendency NOT to use Mariano when I play offline (in any baseball game) because his pitches don't seem to have alot of movement. While a great fastball can strike out alot of guys in real life, it's not as effective in video games. Proctor and Sturtze pitched great for you though. I was glad to see you pinch-hit for both of them.

It looks like the updated rosters have made Giambi a much better player to coincide with his great start this season.

Also, I specifically saved Oswalt for my game against the Yankees. That lineup scares the sh*t out of me, especially now with Giambi's hot bat.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2006 at 10:52pm
He recovered enough (barely) to get me out of the ninth with a tie, though, so I was willing to give him another shot.  Alas, 'twas not to be.

That was just pure fun, though.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2006 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

That was just pure fun, though.

Agreed Thumbs Up.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2006 at 11:49pm
You're a damn good sport, Ted.

That must have been like a root canal.  Thanks for sticking with it.

I was just fooling around throwing at Kojima, hoping to get a laugh out of you maybe.  Hopefully that didn't get you mad.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-21-2006 at 12:07am
See my post in arrangements....not mad at all.  I actually had fun with that game.  And I knew you were going to throw at Johjima!
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-21-2006 at 12:10am
Cool.  Maybe I'll see you again in the postseason.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>