Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: So far, so good
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSo far, so good

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So far, so good
    Posted: 04-12-2006 at 4:18pm
Just wanted to say how much I'm really enjoying this tournament.

The matches are getting played and reported at a better than expected pace.  I personally don't feel pressure to get my games in and hope that everyone else is the same way.  I don't expect this pace to continue every week and know that RL will sometimes call us away for periods of time.  We'll roll with whatever comes our way.

My matches have been great fun and the level of enjoyment is rivaling that which I experienced in the NCAA season league with Jason.  Only now there are two more players!

It's really fun to play as different teams and against different teams and opponents.  The difference in play styles and team abilities make for a diverse experience.

Just saying thanks for being part of this guys.  See you on the pitch!
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2006 at 5:45pm
I think it's going great as well... most league-type-thingies seem like a bit of a chore to me, but the structure of this one is nice and open.  That, and it helps that online WE is just better than anything else!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2006 at 6:14pm
I'm enjoying the tournament quite a bit myself. I like the open structure and don't feel pressured to get games in because I trust that they will all get played in due time. I'd be happy if our MLB league turned out half as good as this one. Ted, as usual you've done an excellent job organizing this league.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2006 at 6:26pm
A lot of the credit for the success of our little two man operations in the past can be given to the open structure, or specifically not having a "final" date for the league/tourney.  To the last day of the NCAA league it was as exciting as the first week.  I'm feeling positive that this experience will be like that.  I will probably always form or participate in leagues with that structure now that I've seen how well they work. 

And I'll take the compliments Jason, but as you surely know the leagues are only as good as the participants.  Bringing in guys like Kevin and Slumber (and Web in the MLB league) has increased the quality of our leagues for sure.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2006 at 8:53pm
It's all good!  Group hug, guys...  Big smile

Thanks to Ted for setting it up, Jason for doing all of the web work, and everyone else for being so fun to play against!

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply