Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The meltdown (2K fans)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe meltdown (2K fans)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The meltdown (2K fans)
    Posted: 04-13-2006 at 12:53pm
Sports fans are so funny to watch when stuff like this happens. Apparently it also affects their spelling as the thread below suggests.

im am going to sart calling newspapers

Wow the 2ksports 360 forums have really reached desperation mode. Multiple Classaction lawsuit threads have been started and of course deleted. Not that the original poster of them would have a clue how to get one started.

You know the great thing about the 360 is that I have paid absolutely nothing for it and yet it has given me hours upon hours of enertainment.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-13-2006 at 1:28pm
This is one of the reasons I don't buy consoles during their first year. Not only is there usually a price drop, but most of the hardware and software problems get sorted out by year two (unless it's a Kush game).
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-13-2006 at 6:10pm
I was one of the fools who figured it couldn't be that bad and bought it on release day.  I'm glad I was able to convince the EB clerk to let me trade it for Tomb Raider.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-13-2006 at 6:16pm
LOL at the avatar. I used to like Kush in the early days when they started the college basketball series for VC but they have definately gone downhill fast.

Edit: Upon futher thought on the game you really have to blame multiple groups. Visual Concepts (a studio under 2KSports who farmed out the game to Kush), 2KSports who published the game and Take Two for owning the whole shabang. I mean the guys at VC had to be overseeing what Kush was doing. 2KSports had to be overseeing what VC was doing. They all knew what was coming out to the public long before they hit the retail shelves.

Oh and of course Microsoft for allowing a game with this many problems to be released and passing THEIR OWN QA team. Something tells me that when the nuts and bolts are counted, Kush might just be the fall guy for Microsoft, who wanted a game out ASAP on it's next generation console and Take Two was willing to make that sacrafice.

I never had any freezing on the Xbox version. Sure I did not care for many aspects of the gameplay but I could get through 9 innings w/o a hitch.

Just thought I would add that as the issues with the game go far beyond Kush.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-14-2006 at 12:52pm
LOL!!
 Post Reply Post Reply