Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 07 (Multi)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 07 (Multi)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 07 (Multi)
    Posted: 05-10-2006 at 12:27pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2006 at 12:57pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-10-2006 at 2:46pm
Current Gen for the win...

Did you see the slowdowns, stuttering, broken animations from Madden 360's framerate? Well then beware of NCAA 07.

Sports games should be 60FPS. It might not be locked in a 60FPS but at 30FPS with drops you start having issues.

For being such an easy system to develop for (both Xbox & 360) they sure as heck are having a hard time getting good framerates. NFL 2K5 is rock solid on the framerates and is far superior in graphical detail, yet Madden, NCAA, MM, Fifa and other games have all had framerate issues.  Fifa 06 WC on the Xbox was simply awful.

----

E3 2006: NCAA Football 360 Update
Importing your draft class, frame rate, and more.

May 10, 2006 - You know about the features, Dynasty mode, and ESPN integration. But what about some of the little details?

Here are answers to some of the most common questions I've gotten about the upcoming game.

Can you import your draft class into Madden?

Yes. Go through Dynasty and graduate your players right into Madden NFL 07.

What is the frame rate?

30 frames per second. I can't believe after Madden NFL 06, NCAA is still only running at 30 fps, but that's just the way it is.

Can you create schools?

No. You have a huge dynasty mode (the 10th year of the Dynasty feature), but unfortunately you cannot create your own schools in the game. You will be able to create players, and you will also be given the ability to edit existing player attributes, but JRob University will be reserved for current gen.

How deep is the stat tracking?

Full box scores for over 800 games in Dynasty. Full team and player stats for all of your games, including scoring summary. Stat heads are going to freak out over this one.

--------

No PS3 version coming this year as best I can tell? Conicidense?

Plus you get no Division 1-AA schools and you also have no ability to create them on the Xbox 360.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 10:39am

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 10:56am
60fps should be a standard for all next-gen games just like 720p is for the 360. Framerate issues should've been a thing of the past this generation. It's obvious that with good programming, games with incredible graphics can still have high frame rates (GT4, God of War, ESPN NFL 2K5).
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-11-2006 at 11:27am
Madden Nation on NCAA 07

Wednesday

I actually only got a few plays in on this game, most of the time with this was watching Marcus and Rac play. They didnt have it out at the MS event for some reason. So we'll be back on this tomorrow to grab more on it and get me playing.

We had many more options to tinker with here. Longer quarters, access to instant replays, ect.

As soon as I saw it the game reminded me of Madden 360. Looked very similar but streamlined in a NCAA way. The environment looked sharp and player models were slimmed down. The fields looked very good as well, in both good and bad weather.

It may look similar to Madden in a lot of ways, but it plays smoother (which isnt a surprise considering its farther along). The reaction time of the players is quicker and the players make the catches they should (including picking off a lot of them on Heisman level - dont make mistakes lol).

We saw the momentum meter at work. See it in the pic below in the lower right corner. When big plays happen the bars will fill up in for that team. Havent seen what happens when it gets completely filled yet.

The loss of Home Field Advantage was evident and disappointing. The atmosphere around the game was back to feeling bland to me.

The controls look be be customizable so you can map them as you see fit. We'll have a bunch of pics on this coming from Rac later this week.

We saw NCAA on neither current gen system.

So overall it felt like a solid game and and in good shape for this point in development. I think people are going to be pleased with it from what Ive seen so far. But we'll get more time with it tomorrow so I can give my own thoughts on my direct play experiences.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-12-2006 at 11:43am

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-12-2006 at 11:47am

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-12-2006 at 11:48am

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-12-2006 at 3:03pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>