Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: XBox 360 new cpu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXBox 360 new cpu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
van halen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote van halen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XBox 360 new cpu
    Posted: 06-11-2006 at 5:08pm
Hey guys, New to this forum thing but I think it's great! Would like to break the ice by asking a question about the new gaming machines...I have owned every system since Pong but have yet to take the plung on an xbox360 which really seems like it might have the upper hand right now but I have heard a lot of reports of malfunctioning systems from the onset and I believe I read somewhere that a new cpu will be in place starting in 07...the question is, how will I know if in 07 I purchase one will I be getting the one with the new cpu...for sure...as if I choose to get one it will be in 07? I'm ps2 only right now but did have the xbox also for a while...thanks!!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2006 at 5:37pm
Welcome to SGN.

I would guess that there will be a different serial number sequence to tell whether or not you have an Xbox 360 with the new CPU. Also, I believe that the Xbox 360 has its manufacture date printed on it. I don't think Microsoft is going to advertise the new CPU's, so it's going to be up to the consumer to make sure they buy the right/newer system. Here's a link to our discussion on this topic when it was first announced: http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/sgnlocker/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=331

BTW, let us know if you're online with your PS2 and what games you play.
van halen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote van halen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 5:44pm
Thanks Jason, I guess that's about what I was thinking but I'll keep my eyes and ears open in the coming months...it all really boils down to games for me as to which system I choose, specifically baseball...I just can't resist trying every serious baseball game that comes out...really like the mlb 06 right now and I even have fun with MLB 2K6 on the ps2...I hated it at first and it still has some quirks but I still have the urge to plug it in every now and then...I do miss the high heat series though...hoping it will somehow resurface on the 360...as far as online, I'm not much into that...no broadband mainly...only tried it a little with the dreamcast way back then and was not impressed with the experience...I will look into online in the near future, especially if/when I decide on a next gen system...thanks again for the response and I hope you guys don't feel like I'm intruding here...I assure you I'm NOT a trouble maker or fanboy, just an adult that still enjoys sports games...by the way...I hope I don't make any enemies by saying this but I like the Yankees and Cowboys!!!Smile
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by van halen

I hope I don't make any enemies by saying this but I like the Yankees and Cowboys!!!Smile

Considering that I was born and raised in the Bronx and am a die-hard Yankee fan, you won't be an enemy of mine - I can't speak for some of the other members here though LOL Wink.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 5:58pm

I hope I don't make any enemies by saying this but I like the Yankees and Cowboys!!!Smile

From that I would also deduct you like to kick puppies and push old people into traffic... Wink

P.S. Were you raised in a bandwagon or did you accidentally jump into one mistaking it for a schoolbus?

Oh and yes, that is just my way of saying hello and welcome to SGN. Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Brent

From that I would also deduct you like to kick puppies and push old people into traffic... Wink

P.S. Were you raised in a bandwagon or did you accidentally jump into one mistaking it for a schoolbus?

Oh and yes, that is just my way of saying hello and welcome to SGN. Embarrassed

Originally posted by Jason

I can't speak for some of the other members here though LOL Wink.

I rest my case LOL.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 6:09pm
I will go easy on the guy. Of course his fate rests on which version of Van Halen he prefers.

David Lee Roth
Sammy Hagar
Gary Cherone

There are three paths to choose but only one right answer. Approve

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 6:10pm
David Lee Roth all the way!!! I don't even consider Gary Cherone as a one-time member of Van Halen.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-12-2006 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Jason

David Lee Roth all the way!!!

You may continue to breathe the air he shares with us. Hug

van halen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote van halen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-13-2006 at 5:23pm
Thanks...even though I'm Cowboys all the way...I'd settle for a season split with the Giants!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>