Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 07 on the PS2?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 07 on the PS2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 07 on the PS2?
    Posted: 07-25-2006 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by petes-24

Based on the positive reviews so far, I was planning to purchase, and I'd buy PS2.  I have no idea what my EA username was (is?), but I'll post it once I get on-line.  Haven't bought NCAA since 2004.

Pete, have you picked up a copy yet?
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2006 at 6:35pm
I did and it is sitting, still shrink-wrapped, on the table in front of the TV.  A bad week for me between work and school commitments.  Not all bad though, as I should be ready to start it up about the same time as the Blacklover v2 rosters are up at OS. 

1st time purchasing NCAA since 2004.  Is it holding up to the hype so far?  Also, anygood slider settings yet? (or not needed?)

On an aside, I do have a headset, but I think either the mic or the headphone is not working.  Not under warranty any more -- ever tried to troubleshoot or fix one of those?

Pete
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2006 at 6:47pm
I'm still loving the game. I was a big fan NCAA 06 and think this year's version is much better.

I don't use sliders for two reasons: the game plays fine with default sliders and most of my games are online where you can't adjust the sliders anyway.

The Sony headset is so cheap now it would be easier to just buy a new one for $15 at Amazon.com or $20 at Gamestop.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2006 at 9:39pm
I just played my first online game against Ted and it played smoother than any previous EA game I've played online. While NCAA 06 played nicely online, it wasn't quite as smooth and responsive as playing offline. NCAA 07 plays exactly the same online as it does offline, but our game did disconnect in the 4th quarter. I'm hoping it was just a glitch.

Two things we noticed: The matchup stick is not available online (I'm not sure why EA would remove this) and Ted kept getting hit with unsportsman-like conduct penalties everytime his team made a good play or scored. Is there any way to disable CPU players from automatically celebrating? I lowered the slider for my offline games, but there's no slider adjustments online. I'm hoping there's a button that can be pressed to bypass the celebration.

Edit: Ted, are you hitting any buttons at the end of the play? The manual states that hitting L2 or R2 + Square or Triangle or Circle will start a player celebration.

Also, the manual states that the Matchup Stick is not available online .
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-26-2006 at 12:23pm
I wasn't purposely hitting any button, but you never know with my spastic hands .

I remember last year with getting hit with those penalties offline once in awhile and I would always hit X to skip the scene.  I don't know if that actually helped, but it seemed to lower the amount of times I saw the penalty.  I'll be paying close attention in our next game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-26-2006 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

I wasn't purposely hitting any button, but you never know with my spastic hands .

I remember last year with getting hit with those penalties offline once in awhile and I would always hit X to skip the scene.  I don't know if that actually helped, but it seemed to lower the amount of times I saw the penalty.  I'll be paying close attention in our next game.

Some of the guys at OS have had luck hitting X to skip the celebrations. I hope we can find a solution because this is the only issue with the online gameplay so far.

I can live without the Matchup stick online because I can barely pick a play and get my guys to the line of scrimmage without getting hit with a delay of game penalty.
van halen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote van halen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-26-2006 at 5:44pm
Hey Jason, Noticed you liked last years version and I have it and have been thinkin' 'bout getting 07 but I just can't "pull the string" yet....played about 5 min at EB Games and definitley do NOT like the return camera and another thing which I dislike about 06 but cannot remember how it was on the kiosk(07) is the passing game...not so much the effectiveness or lack there of but how it relates to the camera and how you see the flight of the ball...in 06 it seemed like when you threw a pass the result just happened ...in other words I did not get the feel of the play developing(seeing the ball leave qbs hand and following flight of ball to the receiver), even on long passes...would like a new version but the passing and seeing the play develope worries me...maybe it's just me... but maybe you can elaborate since you have the new version and maybe dispel some of my concerns...thanks............
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-26-2006 at 6:04pm
As you noticed, the new kickoff and punt return camera sucks - that's about the only bad thing I can say about the game so far. The passing game is much improved this year and the ball physics are excellent.

I don't think there is really any difference with the flight of the ball camera from the 06 version, but I've never had a problem with the standard gameplay camera in any EA football game. For what it's worth, I don't feel like the results of the pass just happen and there seem to be quite a few new "catch" animations.

The fourth video on this page (http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/811/811813/vids_3.html) will give you a good look at the passing camera for 07. It seems to me as though the camera does a good job of "following the ball".
van halen View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote van halen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-26-2006 at 9:02pm
Thanks Jason, I'll probably log in a few more 06 games and then take the plunge...I can't believe I'm into football so much this early in the year as I'm a die hard baseball junkie...I even feel like playing madden 03...my fav of the series...oh well, thanks again and hopefully one day soon I'll take the next-gen plunge and get into the online gaming thing!!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-26-2006 at 10:03pm
Tried another online game tonight and while the gameplay was smooth we did disconnect in the 3rd quarter (right at the start of my big comeback ). I hope EA resolves the "disconnect" issues soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>