Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Now that the summer gaming drought is over...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNow that the summer gaming drought is over...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now that the summer gaming drought is over...
    Posted: 09-02-2006 at 10:41am
What games are you looking forward to during the next few months?

I'm definitely picking up 'Lego Star Wars II' next week for my son (and me too ). For some strange reason I'm very interested in EA's NHL 07 and NBA Live 07. I'm steering clear of the NBA 2K series until they change the way Isomotion works (move it back to the right-analog stick!!!) and will interested to see how NHL 2K7 turns out. After that, there's not much else I'm really looking forward to.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 1:32pm
Upcoming: NHL 2K7, NBA 2K7, Fifa 07, CH 2K7

Also World Tour Golf 2007 if it ever ships.

Unless Live gets totally revamped there is no way I could play EA basketball on the current gen. 

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
dbdynsty25 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dbdynsty25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 1:48pm
NHL 07, NBA 2k7, Forza 2, Tiger 07...that's about all I'm dead set on...the rest I'll rent.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 2:11pm
Flight Sim X, the new Forgotten Battles add on "Sturmoviks over Manchuria", Sid Meier's Railroads, the next expansion in the Warhammer 40k series "Dark Crusade", and the Guild II.  All on PC.

Oh, that doesn't count?

Nothing really on console right now although I plan to rent NHL 07 and 2k7.  I'm hoping Jason is up for more shellacking in Hitz Pro.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

I'm hoping Jason is up for more shellacking in Hitz Pro.

I have no problem sticking with Hitz Pro if none of the new hockey games cut it.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 3:17pm

Flight Sim X, the new Forgotten Battles add on "Sturmoviks over Manchuria", Sid Meier's Railroads, the next expansion in the Warhammer 40k series "Dark Crusade", and the Guild II.  All on PC.

I'm surprised that we play each other so much online because we come from different videogame worlds . I don't think I've heard of any of those games with the exception of Flight Sim.
dbdynsty25 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dbdynsty25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 4:48pm

the new Forgotten Battles add on "Sturmoviks over Manchuria"
I wonder if that game will have more of a following than the Pacifc add-on.  That thing got ripped to shreds so I didn't even bother buying it.  Now it's almost impossible to find guys online in either of the first to IL-2 games...wonder if it will get any better.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2006 at 7:14pm
Hey DB,  where you will find most people is in merged servers.  You need FB + AEP + PF.  Then you can patch it up to 4.04 for no charge.  PF did get ripped to shreds, but the patches have added lots of planes, maps, and improved flight models.  Merged is the only way to go really.

Then there was the PE-2 add on that brings everything to 4.05.  The PE2 was a russian twin engine attack plane.  4.05 adds more maps and planes and gives everyone a taste of the new flight models that will be in the Storm of War series.  The first one is due in 2007 and is called SoW: Battle of Britain.  This series will supplant the IL2 series.  IL2 ends with 4.06 "Manchuria" and 4.07 "1946".

Back to 4.05...  The trouble is that those of us in the states have to get it through download with something called a boonty box addon that pisses people off.  So there is definitely a division among those that paid to go to 4.05 and those of us at 4.04.  I don't mind downloading add ons and paying for them, but there are a lot of horror stories about the whole Boonty thing so I'm avoiding it.  The hope is that they combine PE2 and Manchuria onto a disk for purchase.  Or maybe all three to 4.07

In short, fine a copy of PF cheap and patch up to 4.04 merged for free. There is plenty of online action for 4.04 users.

Ted
MatthewK View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote MatthewK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-05-2006 at 11:55am
For some reason, I'm gettting excited about NBA 2k7.  I didn't follow the NBA at all last year, but I'm slowing getting back into it.  Maybe it's the buildup of having 2 NBA games coming, as they seem to feed off each other in terms of generating interest.

Aside from that, Lego Star Wars II (haven't even told my son it's coming yet, or I'll be asked about it 5 times a day until we have it), Justice League: Heroes, Ultimate Alliance, and possible Moto GP on the PSP.  The last one I'm waiting for is Smackdow vs Raw 2007.  This may be the game that gets me to jump to the 360.  If not, I'll just stick with it on the PSP.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-06-2006 at 8:57am
Looking ahead at upcoming releases, there isn't too much I'm planning to pick up compared to Novembers past... which is fine, since I've got a severe backlog of games that I already own piling up.  Lego Star Wars 2 is probably a Gamefly rental for me, Gears of War and Just Cause are possible purchases.  I'm sure I'll pick up NBA 2K7 before remembering how long it takes to play a full basketball game if you want realistic scores and shooting percentages and tiring of it.

I'm definitely interested in the Wii though, so that might be my big fall gaming purchase.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>