Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NHL 2K7 only $19.99
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNHL 2K7 only $19.99

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 2K7 only $19.99
    Posted: 10-07-2006 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Ted_L

I was just notified that 2k7 is on the way.  I'll post impressions after spending some time with it if anyone cares.

Although I never did get some detailed impressions going for NHL 07 I can safely say that the ps2 version is the best all around hockey game I have ever played and that is going back to Gretzky on the Amiga.

I haven't enjoyed and played a hockey game this much since NHL 98 on the PS1.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-08-2006 at 8:05am
I should rename this thread since it's basically turned into an NHL 07 thread.

I think the biggest innovation in this years game is the right-analog stick poke check on defense. It so intuitive and has raised my defensive game tremendously (just ask Ted Wink). I've always relied on body checks as my main defensive strategy in every other hockey game I've played and the right-analog stick poke check has added a completely new dimension to this series for me.

BTW, right-analog stick passing is a close second. I'm exclusively a right-analog stick checker now (that sounds kinda gay - not that there's anything wrong with that LOL).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345