Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Your Next Gen status update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour Next Gen status update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Next Gen status update
    Posted: 09-23-2006 at 4:31pm
Since most of us here have stuck with the current gen systems.

Xbox 360 - Done Deal as a puchase when the new CPU hits and WE is released on it.

PS3 - Wake me up when the premium system is under $300.00.  Even then I might still hit the snooze bar.

Wii - Interest has dwindled as my inability to enjoy non sports games has declined.

So that leaves 2 more sports games and my current gen purchases are complete. Fifa 07 to see if they can make a believer out of me and the $19.99 upgrade to CH 2K7.

So what are your next gen plans? (call this the September edition)

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2006 at 4:50pm
If forced to make a decision right now, I'd probably go with the 360. I'm very curious to see how EA's games look and play on the PS3 though (and how feature rich they are). I'm also interested in seeing if Sony lowers the price of the PS3 due to the bad feedback they've received so far.

I STILL have no interest in the Wii (sorry Brent).
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2006 at 8:13pm
All next gen plans are on hold here.  No idea when I'll upgrade.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2006 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Jason

I STILL have no interest in the Wii (sorry Brent).

Don't apologize to me... Apologize to him

Wink

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2006 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

All next gen plans are on hold here.  No idea when I'll upgrade.

Same here. The earliest I'd buy a new system is the 2007 holiday season.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2006 at 9:39pm

There's about a 1% chance I might pick up a 360 at the end of the month.  I really think I want to get an HDTV first.

We're going to Disney in the Spring, though, so I might just have to save the money for that...

Most likely, I'll be getting a 360.  I'll give a look to the Wii, but I'd really have to be impressed by the controller to want one.  My kids might swing that for me, though.  I highly doubt I'll get a PS3.  I'm really turned off by the price, and Sony's arrogance...

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-23-2006 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

We're going to Disney in the Spring, though, so I might just have to save the money for that...

You might want to apply for a second mortgage too Wink. It's amazing (not in a good way) how much a trip to Disney can cost a family Confused.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-24-2006 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Jason

Originally posted by K_Mosley

You might want to apply for a second mortgage too Wink. It's amazing (not in a good way) how much a trip to Disney can cost a family Confused.

LOL...  Don't I know it...  This will be our 4th trip as a family...  I went 2 times before that as well.  We're also taking my parents, and picking up the tab!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-24-2006 at 8:59am
That's great Kevin. I love Disney World and went there on my honeymoon in '98 since my wife had never been there before. We'd like to take the whole familty, but those damn lotto numbers are harder to pick then you'd think Wink.

Enjoy your trip.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-24-2006 at 6:38pm
These articles and rumors make the Xbox 360 more attractive to me each day:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>