Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Idea for the Fight Night Round 2 Career League
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIdea for the Fight Night Round 2 Career League

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Idea for the Fight Night Round 2 Career League
    Posted: 02-03-2006 at 1:06pm
What if we each created a fighter with maximized attributes and both in the same weight class.  We would then have to take that fighter online through the weight class fighting each licensed fighter.  Once we do that we fight each others' created fighter for the championship (assuming we are both undefeated). 

By maximizing the attributes the created fighters would have an advantage and be favored to win, but both of us would still have to box well to win and some of the licensed fighters are very good so it wouldn't be a pushover.

If we wanted to we could always keep one category not maximized to make each fighter have a weakness, maybe half or three quarters of the bar in the creator's choice attribute.

We might also say that we don't fight for the championship unless both created fighters have beaten all the licensed fighters.  Not go undefeated, you just have to make it past them so it might take 2 or 3 tries.

Any interest?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-03-2006 at 1:20pm
I'm interested. I didn't know that you could create a fighter and give him maximized attributes immediately.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-03-2006 at 1:54pm
I'll have to confirm that, but outside of career I think you can.  I'm pretty sure EA did this so that people could recreate Tyson and others.  I think I also read somewhere in the original fight night that they even had some pretty good likenesses of unlicensed fighters.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2006 at 10:16pm

Here's the list of fighters in the middleweight class:

• Bernard Hopkins
  • Ronald Wright
  • Jermain Taylor
  • Ray Robinson
  • Ray Leonard
  • Jake Lamotta

This should be a nice 12-fight league with our custom fighters meeting in the 13th and final match of the league.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2006 at 10:21pm
Fantastic.  Also, great fight tonight too.  Nothing like going into the final round both knowing you need to win it.  Although you actually needed a knockdown in the 10th, it was so close we didn't know that until the end. 
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2006 at 10:24pm
That was definitely our best match and it felt great to finally knock you on your ass .
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-07-2006 at 11:25pm
Ha!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 8:05pm

Ted,

What are your plans for Fight Night Round 2? Would you consider buying the rental copy you have if FN Round 3 doesn't prove to be much of an upgrade? The reason I ask is because I have a feeling that FN Round 3 may not be worth the upgrade and I'd like to continue with FN Round 2 indefinitely.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 10:06pm
Since I have unlimited rental time I'll hang onto it as long as we keep playing or until it drops in price to make it worth the purchase.  Keeping it is not getting in the way of my rental que because I can have 6 out at a time.  Would you be willing to make a short  rental of round 3 to at least try it out online?  I found a local store that has a very good  and up to date console rental section.  If we both like it we can upgrade after the round 2 season or better yet when the price drop happens on round 3.  Judging by the fact that round 2 is still $50 that may not be any time soon though.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 11:12pm
I'd have no problem picking up a copy of FN Round 3 IF it's a big improvement over FN Rd 2. If you rented it and gave it a thumbs up, I'd pick it up ASAP. I'm hoping it comes out at $40 instead of $50.
 Post Reply Post Reply