Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The Dynasty Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Dynasty Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dynasty Thread
    Posted: 10-20-2006 at 3:12pm
For those of use who do not care for online and enjoy a little CPU action.

What teams are you rolling with and how are you progressing....

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-20-2006 at 3:54pm

Currently only tearing it up with:

NHL 07 (Medium)

Atlanta Thrashers Season.  11-9-1.  Started the season 5-8-1 and have recently found my groove.  Just moved into 7th in the east.  I lead the league in scoring, but also in GAA.  I have had to play a more positionally sound defensive game to protect my rookie goaltender who is giving up 3.9 goals per game.  Have won the last four at home and the fans are loving it, but we start a road trip in Montreal next so will have to see if can keep it going.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-20-2006 at 7:14pm
Cool Thread.

NHL 07 (Pro)

New Jersey Devils: 2-1

Madden 07 (Pro)

NY Giants: 1-0 (I plan to kickstart my season after a slow start)
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2006 at 6:58am
NCAA Footbal 07 - Akron Zips (All-American)

3-2.  Just beat Kent St. 31-0 last night to take possession of the MAC East lead!  I dove at their starting QB (who's pretty good) for a sack on the second play of the game, and broke his ankle.  Doh!  Too bad that didn't happen in real life (the score, not the breaking of the QB's ankle)...

I also plan on starting up FIFA 07 (Crew/Fulham) and NBA 2K7 (Cavs) dynasties in the very near future...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2006 at 4:28pm
Made one change. Going to use Celtic FC instead of Man City. I will run this along side the FC Dallas Manager Mode.

Kevin before you jump into a MLS manager mode I would highly suggest bumping up your teams stamina for each player. Apparently most of the MLS teams are set with very weak stamina ratings. My Midfilders were all pooped out after the first match. Never played through a SPL before so I thought this would be a good change of pace.

koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2006 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Brent

Made one change. Going to use Celtic FC instead of Man City. I will run this along side the FC Dallas Manager Mode.

Kevin before you jump into a MLS manager mode I would highly suggest bumping up your teams stamina for each player. Apparently most of the MLS teams are set with very weak stamina ratings. My Midfilders were all pooped out after the first match. Never played through a SPL before so I thought this would be a good change of pace.

Overall,how are you liking FIFA this year?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2006 at 6:05pm
It is growing on me but most of the time it is a love/hate relationship. For me it is alot like the old Madden/2K days. Both games (Fifa/WE) have things I enjoy and if you could combine the two games you would have something special. Fifa finally got around to getting the framerate solid on the Xbox version which was a major gripe of mine for years. For me Fifa does not have that, "I have to play one more match" feeling that I get with WE. The gameplay is slowing catching up but the Manager Mode and Licenses are what sucks me in. I absolutely can't stand the Master League and they really need to borrow from Fifa in that regards.

Guess when it all comes down to it I am willing to sacrifice some of the smoother gameplay in WE to everything Fifa offers in it's package. Of course my mind on games change quite often. Wink

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-22-2006 at 7:37pm
Thanks for the advice, Brent...  I'll check into that.  Although, with my Crew, I don't know if I have any players that are good enough to play two games in a row!  LOL

Update...  Akron is now 4-3.  I lost to Cincy 27-10 after committing 5 TO's on the road, but bounced back against Miami to remain undefeated in conference 42-35.  It wasn't that close; I was comfortably up 42-21 in the 4th, and my back-ups allowed a couple of late scores.  Off to Toledo in my pursuit of the MAC Championship!

Kevin
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2006 at 9:54am
MLB '06: The Show (Hall of Fame, PSP)

Career mode, starting pitcher in the Mets organization.  Started in AAA, then got sent down to AA the day after winning a game in the AAA championship series (bastards!), then back to AAA, then back down to AA.  Some day I'll make the bigs.

NHL 07 (All-Star, 360)

New York Rangers: 1-0

ESPN NFL 2K5 (Bill Harris's sliders, Xbox)

New York Jets: 3-0, second year of franchise.

I was running a NCAA dynasty with Indiana U. (All-American, 360), got a bowl bid, but I think I'm done with EA football for the year.  I still see things in 2K5 that I've never seen before, and the overall visual package is still far superior to any of the EA offerings.  Plus, I can never really find the right difficulty with EA football.

Started a NBA 2K7 dynasty, but ended up getting rid of the game.  Basketball games just take too long to play for me, both in-game and season length.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-23-2006 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Thanks for the advice, Brent...  I'll check into that.  Although, with my Crew, I don't know if I have any players that are good enough to play two games in a row!  LOL

Update...  Akron is now 4-3.  I lost to Cincy 27-10 after committing 5 TO's on the road, but bounced back against Miami to remain undefeated in conference 42-35.  It wasn't that close; I was comfortably up 42-21 in the 4th, and my back-ups allowed a couple of late scores.  Off to Toledo in my pursuit of the MAC Championship!

Kevin

May you find some success in that bowl made of glass. ;)  I figure you and I will be the only ones to get that.

I figured out what the problem is being new to Fifa Manager mode and all.  MLS teams are treated like the Div 1-2 English teams in the Staff Upgrade section. Your best bet is to upgrade the trainer (most MLS teams I looked at are at a 2 out of 10) and bump that one up as much as fiscally possible.

Cletic is far too good in the game, compared to the other Scottish teams (which is just like what is happening in the real SPL) so I am going to stick with Man City. With so many dynasties I am about to start I am just going to stick with one manager mode.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>