Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The "I’ve got WE 9" Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "I’ve got WE 9" Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "I’ve got WE 9" Thread
    Posted: 02-06-2006 at 10:04am
It's a little early but I thought I'd put this post up so anyone lucky enough to find the game early can post it. Let us know when, where and what system you got the game for.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 4:25am
I got the email saying it has shipped Tuesday evening.  Probably in most stores Wednesday.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 11:37am
Going to the store to get it this afternoon. Sig changed.  

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 11:40am

Originally posted by Brent

Sig changed.  

Feeling confident that you'll find it today?

I'd be interested in some impressions if you get your copy today.

jimd View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jimd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 2:13pm
Picked it up for the PS2 at GameStop during lunch.  Only impression is that the manual is a fat 47 pages.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 2:32pm

Originally posted by jimd

Picked it up for the PS2 at GameStop during lunch.  Only impression is that the manual is a fat 47 pages.

That's good for guys like me. I'll look for you online when I pick it up this weekend. I know Ted's got some leagues (offline & online) planned for the game too.

BTW, welcome to the new SGN.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 5:21pm
Jim, or anyone who has the game, was there an offer sheet in there about a strategy guide from piggybackinteractive.com?  It looks like a great book (It was in PES5 PC) and I'm tempted to get it, but don't want to order it from overseas if it is offered in the states with this release.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 8:24pm
I picked up the Xbox and PSP versions today.  The PS2 version should be arriving from Gamefly some time soon, so I can get in some time with you crazy SGN PS2'ers.

I've having a hell of a time getting shots in this version... I'm getting drubbed online.  It's pretty wild to go up against humans though... my game is so tailored to the CPU routines from WE8 at this point.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 8:35pm

Originally posted by Slumberland

The PS2 version should be arriving from Gamefly some time soon, so I can get in some time with you crazy SGN PS2'ers.

We've been recruiting quite a few people and wouldn't mind another. Ted and I should both have our copies by the weekend.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-08-2006 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Slumberland

I picked up the Xbox and PSP versions today.  The PS2 version should be arriving from Gamefly some time soon, so I can get in some time with you crazy SGN PS2'ers.

I've having a hell of a time getting shots in this version... I'm getting drubbed online.  It's pretty wild to go up against humans though... my game is so tailored to the CPU routines from WE8 at this point.

Sweet.  I'm looking forward to it, Seth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>