Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Hot Shots Golf?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHot Shots Golf?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Shots Golf?
    Posted: 01-06-2007 at 2:46pm
Yea it looks like a silly game but plays a darn fine game of golf.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-06-2007 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Brent

Yea it looks like a silly game but plays a darn fine game of golf.

Actually, the courses look great, especially the water. It's only the characters that look funny.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-06-2007 at 3:04pm
That is what I meant (characters, caddies).  The caddies will start wearing thin on you after awhile.

Not only do the courses look good but they were the first console golf game to reflect the different seasons, changing the look of the course and have the real time dawn to dusk as you play a round.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2007 at 6:33pm
Brent,

Since you seem to be familiar with the Hot Shots Golf series, I thought I'd ask you this question. There are times when your timing a swing is not in the sweet zone (the third click), yet the ball seems to still go far and straight with some sorta sparkling effect on it. Do you have any idea what this is? I've checked the manual, Sony's forum and GameFAQs and haven't been able to find an answer.

Thanks.

BTW, I won my first tournment last night Clap.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2007 at 8:23pm
Congrats on the tourney win. Hug

It has been a long time since it played the game but my guesses would be.

On the tee

You hit a small draw or fade due to the miss in the swing but the wind was going the opposite to go straight.

You uses the advanced control (manual creating spin with d-pad) during swing and once again wind played a factor in straightening it.

Off the tee

If the fairway is sloped it can do the same thing depending on the circumstances.

Edit: I did a quick search at gamefaqs and remembered this.

EXAMPLE : Say you want an intensified back spin, this is what you do :

Press circle to activate the bar. Once the bar moves to the left, press and
hold up. Do this BEFORE pressing circle for the second time. You can then
press circle for the second time to confirm the power of your stroke. After
pressing circle for the second time, immediately let go of the D-Pad. Press
and hold down until you press circle for the final time. This may take a little
getting use to, but it's not too difficult.

You can intensify any of the spins by using this method. The only difference is
that, whatever type of spin you want, press and down in the opposite direction
first, then the direction you want the ball to be hit.

If you perform any of these spins correctly, you will hear a sound right after
pressing circle for the third time. Your club and ball will also light up with
a bit of effects.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2007 at 8:43pm
Thanks for the info. I think it may be something with the wind. I had seen that paragraph you posted at GameFAQs and it's definitely not that because I'm not using the intensified backspin when it happens.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2007 at 8:55pm
Do you use the Turbo swing?  That might also have an impact regarding the sparkling effect.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2007 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Brent

Do you use the Turbo swing?  That might also have an impact regarding the sparkling effect.

If you're talking about the more powerful swing modes, then no, I'm not using that.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2007 at 6:03pm
I'm ready to highly recommend Hot Shots Golf Fore. If you own a PS2 and enjoy golf games, this game should be in your library - it's only $20 too!!! I haven't tested the online functionality yet, but I plan to soon.

I thought this game might be somewhat interesting when I bought it, but it's dominated my gametime on the PS2 since Christmas. As I matter of fact, I haven't played another game since Christmas (with the exception of helping my son with some of his games).
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2007 at 6:24pm
Just imagine if you bought me one of those new slim PS2's and a copy of that game I highly recommended. WinkWink We could play Hot Shots Golf every day. Tongue

Might as well just put you down for a PS3 with your love of MLB and now the Hot Shots Golf series.

I forget if I have posted these but here is HSG5 on the PS3.

Videos

Screens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>