Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: 2K Football is back...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2K Football is back...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2K Football is back...
    Posted: 12-09-2006 at 1:59pm
Well once again IGN claims it to be coming in 2007

Gotta give Robinson credit. He puts a little smack down on the folks at Tiburon.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-09-2006 at 9:01pm
Let's see if this finally turns out to be true.

I haven't been happy with the way the 2K Sports games have turned out the past few years (NHL, NBA & MLB) and wondered how their NFL series would have come along during that same time. Hopefully we'll find out if 2K Sports can up the ante with their new NFL game or take a dive like they did with their MLB series.

For the record, I'm not really that impressed with the list of improvements mentioned in that article. Things like a "Clutch" rating and "Home Field Advantage" are very hard to simulate in a video game and chances are EA wouldn't do either correctly anyway. I can also live without "custom celebrations" Ermm.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-10-2006 at 1:24pm
One thing 2ksports has working for them is 3+ years developing such a game.

As for NBA 2K7 or for that matter CH2K7 you really need to try a next gen version to play it in all it's glory. They have truly thrown in the towel on current gen. CH2K7 is a terrific game.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-10-2006 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Brent

One thing 2ksports has working for them is 3+ years developing such a game.

Do you think they spent all that time developing a football game? I would think that development would have been put on hold when EA first grabbed the NFL license.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-10-2006 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Jason

Do you think they spent all that time developing a football game? I would think that development would have been put on hold when EA first grabbed the NFL license.

Wont say all that time, or full force, but there have been reports of a game with classic teams since the NFL deal transpired.  Football (next to soccer) is the biggest market in sports games. I would think they have put in their fair share of time on something.

All I know is there are still visual aspects of 2K5 that blow EA's next gen games out of the water. From gang-tackling, animations, actual collision detection, presentation, etc.  Personally my hope is that they have been holding off showing a football game to present something that blows what EA Sports has done out of the water. Just the fact that EA and Tiburon are aware of this (07 2K football game) makes me feel better about Madden and NCAA 08.

Post Reply Post Reply