Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: I'm officially "published!"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI'm officially "published!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm officially "published!"
    Posted: 02-22-2007 at 10:59pm
Thanks, Adam!  I'll do my best on that word count...  Big%20smile

Kevin
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-23-2007 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

Thanks, Ted and Jason...  Embarrassed

It will be a challenge keeping reviews to around 1200 words max.  Ted, you remember how we used to do it at CG.  Wink

Kevin

Just leave out the stuff about 'gameplay.'  Modern gamers don't care about that anyway...

OuchLOL
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-23-2007 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

Thanks, Ted and Jason...  Embarrassed

It will be a challenge keeping reviews to around 1200 words max.  Ted, you remember how we used to do it at CG.  Wink

Kevin

Just leave out the stuff about 'gameplay.'  Modern gamers don't care about that anyway...

OuchLOL

It would also prepare you for a career in reviewing games for major video game magazines LOL.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-26-2007 at 10:06pm
Well, here's what I found out in regard to my first reviews...

I'm getting these this week:

1.  "EA's latest baseball game for the PS2"  Darn!  I assume that's MVP 07.  Not bad, but I was hoping for The Show!  I guess the new guy doesn't get the A-list titles, LOL...

2.  Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII - not necessarily my cup of tea, but I'm up for trying something new.  I've never heard of the series, so I have some homework to do!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-27-2007 at 7:29am
1. MVP 07 is a good game, it's just not a huge improvement over 06 (from what I've read). Having said that, it's not a bad deal if it's free.

2. You better start clearing off your calendar because I'm pretty sure that 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' is an RPG.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-27-2007 at 7:44pm
Yes...  I normally don't have the staying power for an RPG, but I guess I will in this case!  I'll also have to read some RPG reviews.  I'm not quite sure I know how to approach it.  Plus, is it really the TWELFTH game in the series!?  Uh oh, I have a lot to learn!

Kevin
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2007 at 7:31pm
Submitted my MVP 07 review last night.  Trimmed it down to about 1400 words.  I'll let you know when it's posted.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a turn-based strategy game.  Ah, it's been awhile since I played one of those!  Oh well, I'll give that review the "old college try!"  :)

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2007 at 7:36pm
Kev, did you like MVP? Looking forward to reading the full review. Do you know how long it takes to get published once you submit the review?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2007 at 7:39pm

Submitted my MVP 07 review last night.  Trimmed it down to about 1400 words.  I'll let you know when it's posted.

I hope you blasted EA for the "roster screw job" and "piddly additions to stadiums/teams" after making such a to-do about how much better the game will be thanks to only being developed for the PS2 platform.

Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2007 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Brent

I hope you blasted EA for the "roster screw job" and "piddly additions to stadiums/teams" after making such a to-do about how much better the game will be thanks to only being developed for the PS2 platform.

Embarrassed

What roster issues?  Big%20smile  Seriously, it's in the second paragraph! 

Overall, MVP still plays a sweet game of baseball.  Rock and fire pitching and hitting is the bomb!  You guys know how much I enjoy the "managing a program" aspect of these games, and MVP is solid there, as well.  All that said, I don't think it will supplant a game like "the Show" for me. 

Here's the scoop - I gave it a B-.  Pretty good stuff, but a sloppy job by EA.  Pretty much for NCAA fans only, or for those still disenchanted with MLB.

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>