Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Gut Reaction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGut Reaction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gut Reaction
    Posted: 03-22-2007 at 8:07pm
My on-again, off-again relationship with blogging is back on.  I know some of you dropped by regularly, and I appreciated it. 

Since I'm writing again, I've got the bug, so I'm going to try to ride this out a little longer.  Plus, I've got some friends that might help with some content.  If you care to drop by on occasion, you can find it at http://www.gutreaction.blogspot.com/.  Of course, any and all of you are welcome to contribute, if you'd like.

Thanks for letting me share one of my hobbies/passions with you guys.  Embarrassed

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2007 at 9:51pm
Hey, stop spamming the forum WinkLOL.

I hope you stick with it. I'll stop by often Thumbs%20Up.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 5:49am
LOL...  Sorry - I think I violated the terms of use!  Maybe Brent can ban me!

(I keed, I keed...)
LOL

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2007 at 12:33pm

You crazy kids with your blogging and such. Wink

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-26-2007 at 8:11pm
FYI - I just doubled my staff at "the Gut!"  Big%20smile

Seriously, my friend Kellie is a talented writer and a great person.  I think you guys might like to read what she has to say.  She'll be writing about other stuff than me, like movies, music, current events, etc.  Plus, she and I have different opinions on a lot of things, so I think you'll enjoy another point of view, like I do.

If you're interested, check it out...

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-26-2007 at 8:54pm

It is about all of these things and so much more. Mr. Gore wears many hats throughout this movie – Former Vice President, Comedian, Concerned Parent, and Educator, just to name a few. He grabs you and holds you, beseeching you to understand our plight and the truth about global warming. He is serious, comedic, well informed and passionate. It is that didactic combo that holds your attention and commands your respect. He won’t let go of you until you’ve heard, understood, and learned the truth. I learned that I still have a lot to learn and I can make a difference.

Al Gore made me think. He made me question many things (including, once again, our current administration, but I digress). He asked if I was ready to change the way I live. The 10 things he asked of me will not make my life any more or less hectic. They may however, make my life better – and yours too – and even future lives. So, here’s what we can do:

1. Change a light (switch to compact fluorescent light)
2. Drive less
3. Recycle more
4. Check your tires (proper inflation improves gas mileage)
5. Use less hot water
6. Avoid products with a lot of packaging
7. Adjust your thermostat (just 2 degrees down in the winter and 2 degrees up in the summer!)
8. Plant a tree
9. Turn off electronic devices when not in use
10. Be part of the solution - visit
www.Climatecrisis.net

Please make sure your new author checks out a few FACTS about the thought provoking master of the climate.

"The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) a year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh-more than 20 times the national average," the Tennessee Center for Policy Research said in a news release.

Now that is "An Inconvenient Truth."

Yea Al Gore makes me think also.  What a F****** Hypocrite.  Pretty much fits him in 99% of Hollywood and Government  who preach a good game. Just don't expect them to play by the same rules.

Kevin I love you bro, you are a pal but any site that alludes to Al Gore (or for that matter Rush, Franken, Moore or any of the nuts on both sides of the isle) out to be the second coming makes me want to puke.

He grabs you and holds you, beseeching you to understand our plight and the truth about global warming. He is serious, comedic, well informed and passionate. It is that didactic combo that holds your attention and commands your respect. He won’t let go of you until you’ve heard, understood, and learned the truth.

Seriously after that I could start feeling the chunks coming up with every word I scanned over. Wish you the best. Let me know when the blog gets back to sports and is rid of the false prophets.

Brent

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-26-2007 at 9:33pm

Hey Brent,

Perhaps you didn't read my comment to Kellie from that post...  And, those are Kellie's words, and she's entitled to them.  I did indicate that she and I have differing opinions on a lot of things. 

The blog will always be about sports and video games, and other stuff.  I tend to shy away from posting my political views and such, but I'm not going to ask Kellie to do the same.  I do think its good to talk about it, though. 

No doubt, Kellie picked a controversial movie to start things off with.  Believe me, though, she's much more than just a brainwashed political activist.  I've never seen the movie, but I do wonder how much is political and how much is truth, and whether or not this is Gore's way to launch his campaign (I asked her as much in my comment).  That said, I do think that we as a people do abuse the earth.  Maybe not to the extent of dangering our existence, but a lot of the things we do CAN'T be good for the environment, and it's worth exploring, IMHO.

And, for the record, it does not bother me that you feel that way.  Heck, who says I don't feel the same!  I did have two more sports posts before that, by the way.  Smile

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2007 at 4:10pm
Well like I said, I wish you the best with the blog.  I just hate to wade through a bunch of political fodder to get to sports content. Probably why I only post here and at NeoGAF.  I just hope you keep posting here from time to time.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2007 at 6:50pm
Hey Man,

I'll be around here...  The blog is mostly for me, anyway.  I appreciate the fact that I can share it with you guys.  I have no expectations about whether or not you like it or visit.

I'll add this, though...  The blog is not going to be some political platform.  I'm sorry Kellie's first post gave you that impression.  I'll be blogging about the same old things; she'll be blogging more about "pop culture" stuff.  Just two friends throwing up opinions (it sounds like you might take that literally, LOL!). 

Regardless, it's all good.  I won't "pimp" here anymore...  Sorry if I offended anyone.

Thanks,

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-27-2007 at 7:13pm
Feel free an pimp away and just FYI I am not offended in the least. Everyone has opinions and you know what they say about that. Just because I have no interest in the other stuff does not mean others won't.

Heck use this thread to link directly to your posts if you want. I will read those.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>