Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
News Desk (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : News Desk
Subject Topic: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Review @ TeamXbox Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 17 2006 at 8:12pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

MVP 06 NCAA Baseball XboxSource: TeamXbox.com

You can’t fault 2K for bucking up to lock down the MLB license for awhile - EA did the same thing with the National Football League.

The lack of a pro license pares a developer’s options back a bit. You either a) use phony pro teams, b) use NCAA teams, or c) don’t make a game at all. Rather than let down the MVP addicts out there, EA decided to go the collegiate route in MVP 06 NCAA Baseball. If NCAA baseball doesn’t excite you, maybe the new gameplay features and reworked presentation will. Then again, if you can recite every TWIB Note ever reported, maybe there’s no convincing you that MVP 06 NCAA Baseball is worth playing.

Full Review

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: January 17 2006 at 9:18pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

I don't get this quote

"Okay online functionality is made up for by a great dynasty mode".

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

GB_Simo
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: January 18 2006 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote GB_Simo

Ted, I've looked at that quote on a variety of levels and it makes no sense, no matter how hard I try.

As a veteran of one baseball game (High Heat 2003, I think, I recall it had Curt Schilling on the front and was the only HH title released here lately) I couldn't comment on the game or the competition, but I didn't think an awful lot of that review.  By the time you get to the end of the final summary, it becomes clear that the review has been largely designed around what the game isn't rather than what it is.  It's not an MLB game, I assume the presence of the letters NCAA on the front were the giveaway, so would it not have been much better to review it on the strength of what it does as an NCAA game rather than saying it's ok but not MLB?

I don't know - am I being too critical?

Cheers,
Adam

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 18 2006 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

As long as we can change our lineup and starting pitchers before the game and are able to play 9 lag-free innings, I don't care what other online options it has.

BTW, I thought the review kinda sucked too.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: January 18 2006 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

You hit the nail on the head, Adam.  And no, you're not being too critical. 

Oh, BTW, #1 on my all time wishlist right now is "being able to play against Adam, online, any game will do".

Jason,  I agree, but I'll add to that the ability to see replays and go to your management screens more than 3 times in an inning.  Sure would like to see those two in there.

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version