Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: MVP 06 Impressions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Ted

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 21 2006 at 2:21am | IP Logged Quote Ted

Oh and I wonder what the story is with this:

Cal State Long Beach is the 49'ers, but in the game they are the CS Long Beach Dirtbags?

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 21 2006 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote Jason

I know I really like a game when I have a hard time waiting to play it online after the kids are asleep. C'mon 10pm!!!

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: January 21 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Jason wrote:
I know I really like a game when I have a hard time waiting to play it online after the kids are asleep. C'mon 10pm!!!

I'm even grabbing a couple of innings just to bat and field if I don't have time to play a whole game.

If we can't change starting pitchers before the game then maybe we should always try and use good batting teams to make up for always having to face a #1.  When you start a game online it doesn't show you those ratings so maybe I can put a list together of the teams and their different ratings here.

Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 21 2006 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

I saw a post on EA's forum stating that you could change your starting pitchers and lineups before an online game. Unfortunately no one explained how to do it. May if we create a room and issue the challenge through it we'll have more options.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: January 21 2006 at 1:36pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Let's do that tonight.

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 21 2006 at 5:37pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Someone answered your question at OS. It seems we can change our starting pitchers after all: http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t =157465

Ted

Posted: January 21 2006 at 10:59pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Well it looks as if there is no way to start any pitcher except the default one online.  Disappointing, but we'll work around it and develop something for the league.

Ted

Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:16pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Well, I'm sure most of us have gathered plenty of impressions from around the web.  The majority seems to think this is a good/very good/great game and the few knocks I am seeing are around the non MVP license and the less than exciting environment.

My opinion is that this is a superp video baseball game.  Challenging, balanced, emotional.....just fun.

At Jason's prodding I keep playing with zone hitting and I am pleasantly surprised to find that I'm getting very realistic hitting stats using the zone model.  I've been playing scrimmages (batting both sides) and getting nice numbers in runs, hits, K's, and yes, those elusive walks.

Analog hitting is very fun to use and feels great when you connect well.  But there is a big part of me that is a stat geek and seeing those scoring lines and box scores at the end of the game is really pumping me up.

I guess I like all three hitting systems and will just keep messing with all of them for fun.  It's good to have choices .

Brent

Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

Good points Ted and I agree with you 100%. The game has set a great foundation for a series that can grow into something special in all areas (like NCAA football has grown to become). The game hit at the perfect time with this generation dwindeling down. With the next generation already here we should be getting that graphical facelift that MVP so desperately needs. Sure there are a ton of things they could have done better in the game. I could list a few hundred off the top of my head but they are mostly cosmetic and depth related. Hopefully that list will shrink with future releases.

You know it is a good game when I am rooting for the sales of an EA Sports game to be high enough to warrant not only a sequel but to have them dump more money into the game. I just wish that exclusive NFL and MLB licenses had to be sacraficed to see this happen. Now here is hoping those rumors of a college lacrosse and hockey game come true.

Oh and Zone Batting RULES!!!!!

* OU dynasty is 1-0 with a 3-2 win at Sacramento St in 10 innings.

I did edit my team a wee bit to get them up to a B average in all areas.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Brent

Posted: January 23 2006 at 2:19pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

I was stumbling across some reviews to see what the smaller sites were thinking and there is not alot out there. I did run across what appears to be the worst review of MVP 06 on the internet and in a magazine. I wish people could review a game for what it is (college baseball) and not what they wish it would have been (MLB).

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version