Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: Tell us about yourself Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Mike_S

Online Status: Offline
Posted: March 16 2005 at 5:10pm | IP Logged Quote Mike_S

Actually, it differs by handset type, and it is typically paramount that you support lots of handsets.

The smallest handsets typically require 64K max as JAR file size -- code and assets total.  This is typically the toughest restriction you face on a mobile game.  You can get around this in some cases with in-game downloads from a server, which don't count against the JAR file size.

The biggest problem with your idea, unfortunately, is on the business side.  For your game to be available it must be picked up by the appropriate carrier -- Verizon, Cingular, etc.  The people making the business decisions on games for those companies must immediately see and understand the value to them of carrying the product, and will typically not spend too much time considering any unknown (to them) concept.  These guys are usually most-easily impressed with big-name licenses and tremendous graphics, neither of which would be primary features of the OOTP scenario.  So getting them to buy off on a sim-game of that type would be a huge hurdle.

That having been said, we are trying to figure out ways to make new types of interesting cell-phone games that the carriers can see the value in  Stay tuned. :-)

Back to Top View Mike_S's Profile Search for other posts by Mike_S Visit Mike_S's Homepage

Mike_S

Posted: April 11 2005 at 12:53pm | IP Logged Quote Mike_S

Jason: Sorry I haven't been able to send any info on our stuff yet, got very busy.

I finally have some stuff together: Where should I send it ?

Back to Top View Mike_S's Profile Search for other posts by Mike_S Visit Mike_S's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 11 2005 at 3:34pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Hey Mike,

You can send it to: jason@sportsgamingnation.com

Looking forward to checking it out.

Thanks

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: April 12 2005 at 2:23pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Mike has emailed me detailed info about Digital Chocolate's NCAA Hoops and Baseball games along with screenshots of both. I'm going to post all the info on SGN sometime before tomorrow night. From what I've seen so far, they both look very good.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

hulkster29

Posted: December 28 2005 at 9:51am | IP Logged Quote hulkster29

hello everyone - a "newbie" here.. 

My name is Steve & I reside in Lindenhurst LI.. I have lived on "the Isle" for all my life, & actually would like to move as the cost of living, & especially housing, has just gone insane around here..  My families (yes that is plural) live on LI as well (parents were divorced when i was very young), so I get to see them frequently.. 

Not married yet, but most likely within a year or so, so that I need to get in all my gaming now (hehe) 

Currently work as a manager for a rental car company - which while has it's drawbacks, certainly has its perks as well..

Have to say now the only console I own is the xbox (original) & have been wavering about whether to pick up the 360 at all - seeing that i didnt get the old xbox until well after it's release can do that too, besides the expense... some of you already do know of me from other sites as well as gaming on xbox live..

anyway, that's about it for now.. 

Back to Top View hulkster29's Profile Search for other posts by hulkster29

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 28 2005 at 10:45am | IP Logged Quote Jason

Hey Steve, welcome to SGN.

I would've moved to LI (from the Bronx) myself if the cost of living there wasn't so high. I used to spend alot of time at Jones Beach, Captree, Nassau Coliseum and Roosevelt Field. I still travel there to see my accountant. I settled for central-Jersey, which is alot like LI, but much less expensive and less populated (for now).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version