Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: Football Playoff Discussion Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brent

Online Status: Offline
Posted: January 16 2005 at 2:02am | IP Logged Quote Brent

Atlanta was just awsome tonight. Don't care who they play in the Championship game, they are my pick to get to the Super Bowl from the NFC.

Rothlesburger played like a deer in headlights and might consider removing those gloves next week.  I would like to thank the Jets kicker and their inability to score on offense so my Steelers could survive.

Back to Top View Brent's Profile Search for other posts by Brent

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 16 2005 at 6:08am | IP Logged Quote Jason

I'm sure alot of people will pat the Jets on the back and say that they played a better game than many expected but the fact is, this is the type of game the Jets NEVER win. They had TWO chances to kick the winning field goal and blew it both times. The Giants may suck, but I'm glad I'm not a Jets fan.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

jcalvert
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: January 16 2005 at 7:24am | IP Logged Quote jcalvert

bdoughty wrote:
Rothlesburger played like a deer in headlights and might consider removing those gloves next week.

I kept telling the TV (as if it could hear me) that Ben should take off the gloves.  Not sure what was up with the gloves.  Does he usually wear gloves?  If not, you would have to question his judgement in putting them on for his first playoff game.

Of course I was pretty happy with the Falcons win.  The big question going in was one of rust.  Did they shut down too soon?  Obviously they did not, and you have to wonder if other teams in future years are going to look at what the Falcons in the final two weeks to get ready for the playoffs.
Back to Top View jcalvert's Profile Search for other posts by jcalvert Visit jcalvert's Homepage

Brent

Posted: January 16 2005 at 10:25am | IP Logged Quote Brent

I recall in the pre game show they said he played with them on in a few games. His thumb could have been hurt affecting his throw (gloves or not) but you wont get him to say that in public. I just thought it was funny how big a deal they made about Rothlesburger sucking his thumb with a little grimmace on his face.

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: January 16 2005 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

As of 7:19pm EST, it looks like it will be a Patriots / Steelers AFC Championship Game. NE is going to have the extra incentive of avenging their loss to Pittsburgh. Roethlisberger is going to be in for the toughest game of his life and as good as Pittsburgh is, you have to be worried about playing the defending champions in the AFC Championship game with a rookie QB - especially when Bill Belichick is the opposing head coach.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Brent

Posted: January 16 2005 at 6:57pm | IP Logged Quote Brent

Predictions for the Championship games

Pittsburgh 28
New England  17

Philadelphia 21
Atlanta 31

Jackdog

Posted: January 17 2005 at 7:18am | IP Logged Quote Jackdog

bdoughty wrote:
Predictions for the Championship games

Pittsburgh 28
New England  17

Philadelphia 21
Atlanta 31

I hope your right brother. I would love to see a Steelers/Falcons Super Bowl.

I really think Atlanta is not getting the respect they deserve. They looked awsome on Sat. I really hate the Eagles so I will be on the Dirty Birds bandwagon next week.

I am glad the Steelers are hosting this game. I think that's what will push them over the top and into the Super Bowl. IMO the Steelers have a better defense than the Pats. They have seen Dillion many times so hopefully he will not rip off large chunks of yardage like he did against the weak Colts defense.

Big Ben has a playoff win under his belt and should play a lot better this weekend. I think you might be right about his thumb. Let's hope it gets better this week. 

Back to Top View Jackdog's Profile Search for other posts by Jackdog

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version