Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Black Friday Ads - Will Jason get a 360?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlack Friday Ads - Will Jason get a 360?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Friday Ads - Will Jason get a 360?
    Posted: 11-14-2007 at 3:58pm
I'm thinking Friday would be as good a day as any to start Vancouver's undefeated run to the championship.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Jason

Ted convinced me to get a 360 during our hockey games last night. I'm going to try to grab one at Circuit City on Black Friday. My wife wants to hold it until Christmas, but I'll have to "test" it out before then and setup my Xbox Live Gamertag.

NHL 08 may be the only game I own for a while though (with the exception of the free games that come with the system).

I will believe it when I see it. 

Requirement: Digital Camera image of you, the 360 and a sign that says, "You can now go and fly with the pigs."

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Brent

I will believe it when I see it. 

Requirement: Digital Camera image of you, the 360 and a sign that says, "You can now go and fly with the pigs."

I'll be sure to provide that picture very soon.

BTW, I was very disappointed to hear that you were very nice and helpful when you played against Ted online Wink. You better talk some sh*t when I beat up your Penguins online. NOBODY out-hits my Devils.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 10:47pm
Well I thought I would show that the lighter side of BD actually exists.  

You bring the smack talk my way and I will knock it right out of each of your players heads, all the while screaming, "Bleed little Devil bleed" as if Swingers II The XBL Smackaroo was being filmed.  Oh and this is next gen hockey with tons of new animations.  So expect to see red and white unis flying all over the pace. I might even start pulling some of Ted's tricks and elbow you in the back so hard that Jerry Lewis shows up and donates money to you.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 10:54pm
Don't mistake me for Ted - I'm actually good at NHL 08 WinkLOL.

You'll also get to see my darker side when we play.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Jason

Don't mistake me for Ted - I'm actually good at NHL 08 WinkLOL.

You'll also get to see my darker side when we play.

I got spanked by the CPU tonight 8-2.  On pro.  It might be time to retire.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 10:59pm
So good you are in last place

NHL 08 (XB360)
View Completed Games
Pages : 1
RankName WinsLossesScore
1 Granatofan 2 2 1023
2 brent 2 2 1011
3 Jason 0 0 1000

Why exactly am I #2 with less points even though me and Ted are even?   Is this some sort of BCS software ladder program? LOL

I can already hear the excuses now for your demise in NHL.

You guys had the game longer than me.
I am used to the PS2 controller.
I have a hangnail.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 11:05pm
I've been trying to figure that out for years.

Here's how it's done:

iWinnerPoints = (Loser's ranking * WinPercent) * ((Point Ceiling - Source Rank)/ Point Ceiling)
iLoserPoints = (-30 * (Winner's rank / Loser's rank)) * ((Point ceiling -Winner rank )/ Point ceiling)

So what does this mean?

The winner gets a percentage of the other person's rank, and it is scaled asymptopically towards the ceiling score. So if you beat a 1000 point person at 5% -- at a score of zero points, you will get the full five percent. At a score of 9000 (with a ceiling of 10,000), you'll only get 1/10th of 5%, and at 9999 points, you will get maybe at best, one point to take you to the ceiling of 10000

A loser loses a _maximum_ of thirty points, but you lose more points if you lose to a lower ranked person (again the ceiling coming into play)

That and all match points are "aged", so a match that gave you 50 points today, will only give you 30 points after 30 days, 15 points after 90 days, and so on (something along those lines), so a person who doesn't play for an extended time will see their ranking dwindle, and eventually revert to 1000, the starting rank.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 11:12pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-14-2007 at 11:15pm
I adding more updates to the "new" league site this weekend: http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/standings/index.php

Also, I may just go to Toys 'R Us with my $10 gift card to buy the Xbox 360. There's no way I'm going to Circuit City at 5am on Black Friday only to find 100 people ahead of me in line.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>