Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
    Posted: 10-15-2008 at 12:02pm
I am NOT looking forward to racing at Infineon this week. I suck on the road tracks.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 12:04pm
I won't be racing again tonight.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 3:41pm
We should postpone again since you and Web can't make it tonight and Grambo just bought Saints Row 2.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

We should postpone again since you and Web can't make it tonight and Grambo just bought Saints Row 2.

Works for me, especially since I think Fazeo got Saints Row today, and he is the biggest gangsta on my FL!

By the way, Pure is pretty sweet.  Not sure it is worth $60, but I'm not sorry it was part of the TRU sale.

Ted - you and your son have been playing Brothers in Arms.  Single player looks sweet - any experience in multiplayer yet?
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Fazeo

when I raced at any road course track in single player races I never could complete a full lap because the AI would always cause a wreck and a yellow flag would be brought out. This happened on every lap.

Has anyone encnountered this problem lately? Maybe it has been fixed or it was just an isolated incident.

It's not an isolated incident, it's the road course bug.  Every road course in the game, even the downloadable Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, has at least one caution hotspot - Infineon has two definite ones and another possible - where the AI will have an accident at least every couple of laps.  I traded the game in a couple of months back but there was no fix at that time and I've not seen any reported fix since.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Originally posted by JasonSGN

Works for me, especially since I think Fazeo got Saints Row today, and he is the biggest gangsta on my FL!

By the way, Pure is pretty sweet.  Not sure it is worth $60, but I'm not sorry it was part of the TRU sale.

Ted - you and your son have been playing Brothers in Arms.  Single player looks sweet - any experience in multiplayer yet?

It's mostly Jake that is playing through.  I'm still early in the game and we haven't done any multiplayer.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 4:49pm
So are we postponing tonight's race? I don't mind if we do, I think for a road course we need as many human players as possible anyway.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 8:53pm
We can postpone Infineon, but I'm going to not race the road courses at all.  In fact, I may be a part timer for the rest of the season.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-15-2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

In fact, I may be a part timer for the rest of the season.

Any reason why?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-21-2008 at 8:34pm
Guys,

I'm going to the Nets preseason game tomorrow night and won't be around to race.

It seems that interest is dying down for the NASCAR league. What does everyone want to do:

1. Try to finish it
2. Race 1-3 more races to declare a champion
3. End it right now

I'd like to finish it but don't see that happening. For that reason, I'd like to have a few more races to declare a champion. I'm still enjoying this game and would still be open for non-league races whenever we can get enough guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>