Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Batter Up
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBatter Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote inuyasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batter Up
    Posted: 03-05-2007 at 9:57pm
Hi Jason,

I have to agree with you about MLB 07 The show.  The gameplay is improved over last year, but they really screwed up the grpahics and the stuttering is really annoying (I have a big old ps2).

I dont know why they had to go ahead and mess these 2 things up since it was perfect last year.  The gameplay is good, but whenever I play the show now, I always go back to 'WHY THE F**k Did they mess this up!'.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2007 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by inuyasha

Hi Jason,

I have to agree with you about MLB 07 The show.  The gameplay is improved over last year, but they really screwed up the grpahics and the stuttering is really annoying (I have a big old ps2).

I dont know why they had to go ahead and mess these 2 things up since it was perfect last year.  The gameplay is good, but whenever I play the show now, I always go back to 'WHY THE F**k Did they mess this up!'.

I'm actually glad to see that someone else feels the same way. What made the problem worse for me was that I still have my copy of MLB 06 to compare with 07.

I like and prefer the way that the ball comes off of the bat in 07 and mentioned that in another post when the first videos were released. It's just a shame that SCEA couldn't eliminate the stuttering while implementing it.
inuyasha View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote inuyasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2007 at 2:41am
I have MLB 06 too and I keep putting it in to compare with 07.  07 is so ugly when you put in 06 that it makes me not even want to play the game.  Maybe they were concentrating too much on the ps3 version and just screwed over the ps2 version in the graphics department.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-06-2007 at 7:30am
Originally posted by inuyasha

Maybe they were concentrating too much on the ps3 version and just screwed over the ps2 version in the graphics department.

I think Sony had good intentions for MLB 07 (PS2) but lacked the time to tighten it up due to simultaneously developing the game for the PS3. I hope they at least did a good job on the PS3 version. I'm very interested in seeing how the PS3 version looks and plays as this game will play a big role in determining whether I buy a PS3 or Xbox 360.
Jackdog View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2007 at 8:22pm
You cant lose with an old Xbox and a copy of MVP05 with updated rosters. Damn fine game of baseball and cheap to boot.
pvtpyle View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote pvtpyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-10-2007 at 8:00pm
The Show '07 has been quite satisfying so far.  The new "Road to the Show" (a version of "Career Mode") is entertaining for all the reasons cited here.  I've got a shortstop/OF (a rare but occasional type) trying to become the 25th man on the Phillies and though it's frustrating at times, it's the good kind of frustration.  Updating the rosters didn't take much time at all on my old PS2, unlike with the 2K series wherein changing a single player can take minutes. 
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2007 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Jason

I don't understand how The Show can run fine for some people and have so many issues for others - it's not like I'm super-sensitive to framerate issues either. What's worse is that I had the game run bad on two different PS2's. I though about holding onto it in case Sony released some sorta update but will settle for 06 for now.

Finally got some time with it...  In the little I've played, I haven't even noticed the "stutter" or "slowdown" that many folks are talking about.  I'm connected to a 32" standard TV with RCA cables, and an "older" PS2, for what it's worth.  It could be happening, but it just really hasn't caught my attention yet.  I do agree that the graphics are a little worse.  On the first hit I gave up, the cut scene had the runner walk right through the first baseman, LOL...

Hopefully, I'll continue to have good luck with the framerate.  So far, though, it seems like the same game as last year, which is a good thing...

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2007 at 9:44pm
I'm now convinced that I'm a framerate-whore LOL.

Glad you're enjoying it Kevin. Keep the comments coming.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2007 at 7:22pm
Road to the Show, baby!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mode!  It reminds me of how I felt when I first played ASB 2003's expansion mode - how innovative, and long overdue!

I'm a AA closer in the Pirates system.  I had a very good spring, yet only got a AA offer, although my BAA's against were too high.  I'm getting ready to embark on my minor league campaign here in a few.  I'm only 22 (in game), so I'm prepared to pay my dues...  I love how the catcher calls the game.  I love how I have to field my position (cut-offs, cover first, back up home plate, cover the plate on a PB/WP, etc.).  I love the training system and how I develop my pitcher.  I love how I can fast-forward to my next appearance.  Getting through multiple years shouldn't be too big of a challenge, and I rarely have the patience or the time for that in most sports games. 

I've heard about the lack of transactions (I haven't really checked it out yet), but since I'm only focused on my guy, it doesn't concern me too much in this mode.  I'm also not seeing any stutter; at least any that I recognize.

So far, I'm having a blast, just like last year...

More to come, although unfortunately for me, Dan Clarke gets to do the Gameshark review...  Low man on the pole, LOL...

Kevin
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2007 at 8:38pm
A couple of follow-up notes...  I'm actually in AAA, not AA, so I feel better about that after my Spring performance.  I'm into May (9 IP, 6 H, 6 SV, 7K, 1 BB, 0.00 ERA) with the Indianapolis Indians.  We're 12-14, and in 3rd place.  The parent club is also in third at 14-14.  Might be time for me to go up a level in difficulty.  I think I'll give it to the end of May.  Don't get me wrong; I've been in trouble on the mound twice, but I got a key "K" once and induced a DP with the bases loaded another time.  Nail-biting moment for sure!

There haven't been any trades or free agent signings in the bigs so far, but several teams have shuffled their players around in between the majors and between AAA and AA in the minors.

More to come...

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>