Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Locker Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Sports Gaming Nation Archive : The Locker Room
Subject Topic: NCAA Online Season Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: December 10 2005 at 9:29pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Great game Ted. I can't believe we're down to our final three games (not including our Kentucky/Indiana rematch).

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: December 11 2005 at 12:02am | IP Logged Quote Ted

We are inching closer and every additional loss is just making the buildup for the final game rivalry that much bigger.  I was just thinking tonight while I was watching the movie "Code Breakers" and I started daydreaming about stomping your team in the Kentucky v Indiana matchup to come.

Good win tonight.  Total control from start to finish.

SGN NCAA Football 06 Season Champion University of Kentucky Widcats 5-6 (2-0)
Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 11 2005 at 7:31am | IP Logged Quote Jason

That's good because I'm looking for revenge after Indina's loss in the first game and am really looking forward to the rematch.

It's great how we've built a good rivalry this season.

Back to Top View Jason's Profile Search for other posts by Jason Visit Jason's Homepage

Ted

Posted: December 15 2005 at 1:54pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

I'm tan, rested, and ready.

I'm hoping to beat you down so hard tonight that it will take the wind out of your sails for the final three games of the season and I can pull even on the ladder.

Indiana @ #4 Michgan.  What time do you want the beat down to start?

Back to Top View Ted's Profile Search for other posts by Ted Visit Ted's Homepage

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 15 2005 at 4:38pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Someone's feeling alittle bit overconfident with the #4 rated team . I think you're forgetting how Indiana picks up their game against better teams.

How's 9:30pm for the big upset?

Ted

Posted: December 15 2005 at 4:58pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

9:30 sounds great for Michigan's romp.  See you there. 

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 15 2005 at 5:01pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Looking forward to it. See you at 9:30pm.

Jason
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 15 2005 at 9:09pm | IP Logged Quote Jason

Unbelieveable game Ted. As I said while playing, I just wanted to make the game respectable and once I was down by only a touchdown, I wanted nothing less than a win. I thought I had it won when I went ahead 22-21 on the two-point conversion with a minute left.

Great job winning the game after a valiant attempt by Indiana.

Ted

Posted: December 15 2005 at 10:15pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Thanks, but I wouldn't call it a great job.  Your job was much better than mine and a shame you lost that game.  It says a lot about the difference in our skill levels that you continue to give me runs for my money with Indiana vs the Big 10.

I'll take the win and be glad that I can stay close and still have a sliver of hope to even up the ladder..

More than ever, that final Indiana-Kentucky game is shaping up to be the unmatched rivalry game of the season.

Great game.

Ted

Ted

Posted: December 20 2005 at 10:30pm | IP Logged Quote Ted

Kentucky Downs Tennessee In Upset of the Year

SGN News

The Kentucky Wildcats viciously pounced upon an unwary Tennessee Volunteers squad early and then held on to upset the stunned Volunteer team and fans before a sellout crowd in Neyland Stadium.

The Wildcats exploded for 28 points in the first half, making every possession count and taking an 18 point lead into the locker room at halftime.  Wildcat QB was 10 for his first 11 with 247 yards and 3 TD passes before Coach Jason and the Volunteers could muster a defense to slow him down.  He found both his wide receivers and tight-ends numerous times and was aided with a special teams kickoff return for a TD.  The turnovers that hampered Kentucky in previous games were absent in the first half to Coach Ted's relief and his defense was able to force the Volunteers to turn over the ball once in the first half.

Not all was rosy though, and Coach Ted knew he had better find a way to stop the Volunteer offense if he had any chance of pulling off this upset.  The Wildcat QB didn't help matters when he threw an interception deep that Tennessee turned into a successful field goal.  Tennessee battled back hard in the second half to pull within 5 points 28-23, but failed the 2 point conversion attempt that they needed to pull within a field goal, and then failed to get in the endzone again after fumbling the ball for the second time to kill an important drive.  Kentucky made the most of their final possession with a touchdown strike to their streaking wide receiver.  The Volunteers blitzed and got a hand on the Wildcat QB, but not before he released the ball.  The Volunteer safety let the wide receiver get behind him and then missed his diving tackle for the receiver's ankles. 

With just under two minutes to go, Tennessee marched down the field in four plays, but was denied the endzone on four attempts from inside the 25 yard line.  A very frustrated Tennessee QB was seen talking heatedly with an even more frustrated Coach Jason.  No less than two passes had been dropped in the endzone that would have kept the hopes of the Volunteers alive.

With no timeouts left to stop them, Kentucky knelt on the ball twice to seal the sweet victory, arguably the greatest of this season.

Final score: Kentucky 35 Tennessee 23

Stats

Kentucky / Tennessee

Rushing Yard
s -13 / 92

Passing 14-23-4TD-418yds 1int  / 9-22-1TD-322yds-0int

Punts 4 / 4

Sacks for 4 / 7

Turnovers for 2 / 1

3rd Down Conv 5-9 / 1-7

TOP 16:12 / 11:48

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version