Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NHL 08 (360) 4 man league
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNHL 08 (360) 4 man league

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL 08 (360) 4 man league
    Posted: 03-04-2008 at 4:20pm
So who do I need to send my address to so they can ship the 3rd place trophy?

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 10:48am
I'll be into the baseball pretty heavily over the next couple of days, but I'd be glad to start working our playoffs in, Ted. 
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Winkscratch it

I wish I could.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 6:54pm
I updated the NHL standings on the new league site (including my forfeits):

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-05-2008 at 11:08pm
No problem, Derek.  I have baseball on the way too and I have very busy rest of the week in front of me.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-07-2008 at 1:44pm
I'm good for a game late tonight, Ted, if you are.  12 EST?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-04-2008 at 8:28am
Ted, up for game 3 tonight?  Let's try to get the palate cleansed after that last one...

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-04-2008 at 5:56pm
Did you have problems with that last game other than taking 6 penalties?  Lag?  I remember you mentioned UGLY game, but wasn't really sure what you meant by that. 

What time did you have in mind? 
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-04-2008 at 6:06pm
Midnight EDT again?

If tonight is not the best, I should be around and able to play tomorrow during the day as well.  It's going to be a long working weekend for me, but I'd welcome a hockey break.

I was really bad in the first period of that last one!  By ugly I meant both my performance with penalties and some shoddy positioning, and the flow of the game on the whole.    Very stop-start the whole way through, with neither one of us looking very effective. (Some would say perhaps like a typical Devils game... )

Still lots of fun, though.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-04-2008 at 6:11pm
Well, that may have had a lot to do with me trying to change up the play style to:

1.  Try and get back into a groove and keep you off balance.

and

2.  Rely less on hitting, more on positioning.

and

3.  Just throwing everything at the net hoping something would go in.  As it turned out 2 did, but still not good enough.

I really hope I can give you a decent series, but Brodeur is in my freaking noggin right now.

I'll try to be on at midnite.  I'm pretty tired so I might fall asleep before that.  If you don't see me don't wait around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>