Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Who's picking up Madden 07?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWho's picking up Madden 07?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MatthewK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's picking up Madden 07?
    Posted: 08-16-2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Jason

Has EA released a patch or updated disc for the PSP version yet?

Of course not.  Why wold they want to do that?   I haven't even seen any announcement from them on this since the week after the game was released.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-16-2006 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by MatthewK

Of course not.  Why wold they want to do that?   I haven't even seen any announcement from them on this since the week after the game was released.

But but but they are accessing the problem.

They are not even keeping people informed on the NCAA07 PSP at EA.

Starting to look like the "patch" will be a purchase of NCAA 08 for the PSP.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-16-2006 at 2:30pm
What a joke . I'm against all the frivolous lawsuits in this country, but I'd love to see a class-action lawsuit filed against EA for this BS.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2006 at 11:44am
It's a little early, but would anyone be interested in a small league (4 to 6 teams) that would consists of about 8-12 games?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2006 at 7:00pm
Wow Jason you really should have done the Madden pre-order.  It's like Christmas early at Circuit City.  I go to pay off Madden 07 which I only had $10 down on. They say it will be $5.11 to pay it off at full price plus tax ($54.11). So I am wondering what's going on and they show me the receipt that has a return of NCAA 07 for $34.99 credit.

Now I even tried to tell them that I never returned NCAA 07 and do not recall putting any money down, outside of the $10 pre-order deposit. They say all they can do is go by what the computer says, which obviously they credited me for it by accident. Who am I to tell them their business.

So $34.99 for NCAA07

and

$15.11 out of pocket for Madden 07 with $12 of that coming back when they have the new price of $37.99 entered next week. So $2.89 for Madden07.

The thing I do not get is the math on the receipt.  $34.99 credit plus my $10 deposit and the $5.11 they said was left to pay it still puts it $5 sort of $54.11. I have no clue what they did to give me the extra $5.

For those who think I have gone of the deep end I am attatching a picture of the receipt.  If one of you guys can explain to me where the $5 is I would bow to your mathmatical abilities. I was never good at math.

(EDIT had to remove the image)

Who needs Fry's when you have Circuit City's pre-order system. I just know CC has slowly become my favorite place for video games. With the $8.95 sale they had weeks ago and now this. 

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2006 at 7:07pm
I have no idea what they did, but good for you. Maybe I'd feel bad for Circuit City if they didn't go out of their way to hire idiots and I'm always glad to see it come back and bite them in the ass. Now let's just hope that Madden is good.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-18-2006 at 7:11pm
Pretty sure I will get my $2.89 worth.    Plus there is always NFL 2K5 there to save the day if it is a flop. 

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2006 at 3:32pm
Does anyone know how the Pay-Per-View special did in sales numbers? I'm assuming (hoping) it flopped big-time.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2006 at 4:13pm
I will look but I am hoping for a complete failure.

EA's use of ESPN license - Milk consumers for PPV money, show us a bunch of crap we can get from our TV or PC. Integrate little to nothing into the actual presentation of the game.

Visual Concepts use of ESPN License - The exact opposite including using the ESPN setup for online leagues.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2006 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Jason

It's a little early, but would anyone be interested in a small league (4 to 6 teams) that would consists of about 8-12 games?

You know you can count on me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>